- Larger, beefier version of M5000; stainless steel float switch for general purpose use
- Heavy duty but lightweight – higher wattage rating than our other switches
- Better in corrosive applications than polypropylene – works in high temps (ex. boiling water)
- 24 inch leads (22 gauge Teflon wire)
- ¼” NPT mounting – does not come with a nut
- Don’t use in heavy duty applications like sewage pumps
- Great for:
- corrosive environments
- boiling water, steam
- higher wattage and
better specific gravity ratings than the M5000
- How does it work?
See How Float Switches Work
- Dimensions: see our float switch sizing chart
- max wattage: 60W
- nominal VA: 60 – rated for resistive load
- max temperature: 200 degrees C / 392 degrees F
- max pressure: 13 BAR
- specific gravity: .55*
- normally closed**
- Warranty: manufacturer warrants against defect for one year
- using the switch to control a pump? Beware of spiking voltage
- do not submerge without sealing top to a point above liquid level.
* Great for water. For other fluids, check specific gravity.
** The wires complete a circuit when the float is down. You can reverse the operation by removing the clip, turning the float upside down and replacing the clip.